Warning

This website contains adult content. If you are less than 18 years of age, please do not read further.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Shades of Subtlety

a pic-and-prose poem

"Be it by gins, by snares, by subtlety"
William Shakespeare, King Henry VI, Part II (III.1)



Sometimes subtlety works.
Merely dawn the right outfit
And the right face--
That of an angel wearing a sin.


At times it takes but to show him the prize,
To let the caress of dusk lead his eyes,
And leave him no doubt in what you seek,
With your defiant lips and vicious gaze.



Or you might have to lure him in
With a savory hors d'oeuvre,
And hope that you can steer his appetite
Toward your hunger.


Or capture him at his least guarded,
Impaling him with irises,
And sweetly hinting
For your prisoner to play the warden.

When he won't take the bait,
Be a brat, silly and childish,
Until he reaches the end of his rope
And reaches to rope your end.


Or, if you prefer, be a smart-alec brat,
Correct his logic and recall of history,
And be sure to laugh at his errors
Until he takes you to school.



But sometimes he's dense.
Then dispense with subtlety,
Bring him his tools,
And just ask for a fix.


And when all else fails,
Wear your most obscene,
Close your shades,
And cook your own meal.

Credits:

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics and prose here. My favorite is this one:

    Or you might have to lure him in
    With a savory hors d'oeuvre,
    And hope that you can steer his appetite
    Toward your hunger.

    But, I've had better luck with this one:

    Or capture him at his least guarded,
    Impaling him with irises,
    And sweetly hinting
    For your prisoner to play the warden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful, sultry shades of subtlety tips. I like them all. Will remember them all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer smart-alec imp, please and thank you.

    You have such a wit, Dioneo. You were made for poetry and writing, weren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic read :-)

    I really like this:

    Or you might have to lure him in
    With a savory hors d'oeuvre,
    And hope that you can steer his appetite
    Toward your hunger.

    But I'm probably more of this:

    Or, if you prefer, be a smart-alec brat,
    Correct his logic and recall of history,
    And be sure to laugh at his errors
    Until he takes you to school.

    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading that and pics were great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, B'Man! I'm happy to instruct, though I have a feeling most already know all of these tricks.

    Thanks, Kirsti! I would imagine that the "capture" one is the most successful tactic for many. It's probably the one that best works on vanillas too.

    Thanks, Sweets! If ever you forget, this blog is happy to serve as a reference.

    Thanks, MarQe! I was happy at how this one turned out.

    Merci, Green Eyed Frenchy! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

    Thanks, Pink! Hmm, perhaps I do need to look more into the subtle differences between an "imp" and a "brat". Or maybe you're just bratting, you imp. ;) Seriously though, thanks for your kind words. I like to think I was given a talented tongue.

    Thanks, Ida! I think the smart-alec brat is my favorite provocatrix. I just love a battle-of-wits that inevitably leads to a spanking.

    Thanks, Slowburn! I found these pictures particularly inspiring. The challenge is usually getting a bunch of lovely pictures to fit together into a theme.

    ReplyDelete